Saturday, May 12, 2007

REFLECTION #2 NET STANDARDS

Modern Day Lesson Plan


“Noverem Me, Noverem Te”

Knowing me, knowing you. This Latin phrase had been the underlying theme in writing this second sample lesson plan. I have come to believe that the students of today need to be given what is due them. I have known the complexity of their environment and of their experiences. From these, I am compelled to draw myself into a paradigm shift where in order to ensure successful learning I make my teaching strategies align to the NES*T STANDARD: Teaching, Learning, and the Curriculum (3A). This states “teachers implement curriculum plans that include methods and strategies for applying technology to maximize student learning. Teachers facilitate technology-enhanced experiences that address content standards and student technology standards.”

I believe that this standard applies fittingly with this assignment. Lesson plans need to be design to achieve adequate learning using technology – a tool for which students today find more relevant and engaging.

In comparison to the first sample lesson plan, this assignment has underscored the importance and effectiveness of technology. Foremost, this lesson plan can be accessed anywhere, anytime, and anyplace. The Google Page is very “user-friendly”. The links are seamless. The support tools like Google Docs and Spreadsheets make on-line learning more engaging. The Internet offers websites that contain a lot of resources that augments the lesson. Lastly, I can link a photo storage site (multiply.com) that can allow my students to see pictures that documented their work.

I can make my lesson plan more challenging through further investigation and application of their learned concepts. I can make them draw inferences as to how potential and kinetic energy can be useful in their daily life. They can research for more practical uses of these forms of energy.

What I like best in this assignment is that I become more confident in working with the Google Pages and linking it in various ways. What I like least in this assignment is that it is time-consuming.

In whatever I had gone through in doing this assignment, I know I learned from it a lot. The process challenged my commitment as a teacher to serve my students who are technologically adept. It is in knowing them that I discover more of myself.

No comments: